New York City Area Welcomes Historic Championship; Tickets On Sale Now
(FAR HILLS, N.J.) - Fans can now purchase tickets for the 2018 U.S. Open Championship at Shinnecock Hills Golf Club in Southampton, N.Y., marking the official worldwide release of online gallery and premium package sales, at usga.org/tickets.
“As one of the five founding clubs of the USGA and the host of our second U.S. Open in 1896, Shinnecock has stood the test of time,” said USGA Executive Director/CEO Mike Davis. “It holds a special place in our history books, and we’re excited to add another chapter to that legacy in 2018.”
An array of daily and multi-day package ticket options are available for the 118th U.S. Open, with prices starting at $60 for daily gallery tickets and $125 for package options, including:
- 1895 Club: The 1895 Club is an all-inclusive ticket option featuring breakfast, buffet lunch with hot entrees, afternoon snacks and full bar service throughout the day in a custom-designed, climate-controlled hospitality environment.
- Trophy Club: Located near the fourth and sixth holes, the Trophy Club is a climate-controlled pavilion offering open seating, live network coverage of the championship in a sports bar-like setting, and a variety of food and beverage options available for purchase at an additional charge.
- Gallery: Gallery tickets provide access to the grounds and to all concession locations, grandstands throughout the course and spectator experience facilities.
- Weekly packages: Each ticket type can be purchased as a weeklong ticket package. All weekly packages include a playoff ticket for Monday, June 18 (if needed). Ticket buyers who purchase an 1895 Club weekly package will receive a playoff Trophy Club ticket, as the 1895 Club will not be open if a playoff is necessary.
- Practice-Round and Championship-Round packages: Both Trophy Club and Gallery tickets are available in three- and four-day packages.
In 1931, renowned architect William Flynn designed the present-day course, which is known for its dramatic location, exceptional routing and small greens. Johnny Miller, the 1973 U.S.Open champion, proclaimed it “golf’s holy grail – a genius course.”
Next year’s championship promises to generate strong interest within the greater New York City area and purchasing tickets early is highly recommended.
Tickets can be purchased exclusively at usga.org/tickets. Questions can be directed to email@example.com or by calling 1-800-698-0661.
Juniors age 12 and under receive complimentary entry when accompanied by an adult ticket holder. Tickets for juniors ages 13 to 17 will be available for purchase at a reduced rate. During practice-round days (Monday, June 11 through Wednesday, June 13), active military personnel receive complimentary Gallery tickets.
Corporate patrons can also explore the variety of suite and hospitality options available at next year’s U.S. Open at usga.org/tickets.